Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Certificate Program
This certificate program will provide entrepreneurship and small business management skills for individuals who either plan to start their own business, are already operating a small business or are seeking management positions in a small business environment. Graduates of the program will find employment in the offices of outdoor recreation operations, visitor information centers, resorts, accommodations, attractions, transportation companies, tour operators, event planners, tourism associations, and Chambers of Commerce. Self-employed tourism operators may take the program in order to learn how to handle the administration required in their own businesses. This certificate program is also a valuable starting point for students seeking entry into any industry.
Our Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Certificate Program was reviewed and approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
The admissions requirements include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a letter grade of C or above.
- Students who have not completed Grade 12 may gain entry as Mature Students if they are at least 19 years of age on the first day of the term and have been out of the regular school system for at least one year. Any students wishing to be considered for admission as a Mature Student must consult with Valemount College before submitting an application
|Course No.||Course Name:||# of Credits||# of Hours|
|B100||Starting a Business||2||30|
|B101||Rural Entrepreneurial Management||2||30|
|B102||Human Resource Management for Rural Business||2||30|
|B105||Risk Management and Legal Issues for Small Business||2||30|
|B106||Financial Management for Small Business||2||30|
|B107||Small Business Marketing||2||30|
|B108||Sales and Customer Relations||2||30|
To complete the program, students must successfully complete 18 credits of course work over 16 weeks.
Tuition & Costs Estimate for Fall 2018, Winter, Spring & Summer 2019
This program accepts intakes for the Fall and Winter Semesters (September and January).
Costs indicated are estimates for a 100% course load per year, unless otherwise noted. Additional fees may also include necessary equipment, supplies, or field trips not included in these estimates.
While we do our best to share accurate and timely fee information, changes may occur.
* Costs shown are for domestic applicants only.
- Equipment: costs for clothing, personal gear, and books vary. Students may spend up to $2000.
- If an Admissions Assessment Exam is required, a fee of $75.00 is required.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 33
- Assessments Yes
- B100 – Starting a Business
- B101 – Rural Entrepreneurial Management
- B102 – Human Resource Management for Rural Business
- B103 – Leadership Basics
- B104 – Project Management
- B105 – Risk Management and Legal Issues for Small Business
- B106 – Financial Management for Small Business
- B107 – Small Business Marketing
- B108 – Sales and Customer Relations