At Valemount College, we want you to be comfortable here and enjoy your studies. The college and Valemount community has a variety of support services available to students. For a comprehensive list, please refer to the Valemount College Program and Course Calendar.
Valemount College has partnered with several local organizations and agents in the Valemount area to help students’ find accommodation during their programs of study. For more information, please contact our Campus Assistant by calling (250) 566-0067 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also contact Rustic Luxury or view their webpage at www.rusticluxury.com.
The following are some of the local clubs and organizations that you may want to join or just volunteer your time:
- Valemount Hockey Association / Canoe Valley Skating Club
- Yellowhead Outdoor Recreation Association / Friends of Valemount
- Valemount Gymnastics Association
- Girl Guides of Canada / Scouts Canada
- Valemount Community Crime Watch
- Valemount and Area Recreation Development Association
- Valemount Saddle and Wagon Club
- Robson Valley Search and Rescue
- Valemount Recreation Association
Valemount College also runs several short Edutourism Learning Adventure Programs at various times during the year. Please join us to make new friends and meet your fellow students! More information is available on the Valemount College website.
The Valemount & Area Public Library is located at 1090A Main St. The hours of operation are as follows:
- Sunday and Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday – 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
If there are any books you require that are not available from these sources, you may contact the Inter-Library Loan office in Prince George, and have them sent to our campus. For additional reference material log on to https://valemount.bc.libraries.coop/ and choose Searching for Books from other Libraries all over BC. Study areas are available.
The Valemount Health Centre
Located at 1445 – 5th Avenue, the hours of operation are:
- Monday to Friday, 8:40 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday – Nurse available on call
To schedule an appointment, please call 566-9138. On-call emergency medical staff is available on a 24-hour basis.
Valemount is serviced by 911.
The Valemount Dental Clinic
Located at 1070 Main St.
To schedule an appointment, or to check on hours, please call 566-9993.
Robson Valley Community Services
To schedule an appointment, please call 566-9107. RVCS is located on the first and second floors of the college building.
Various services available include:
- Local Work BC office
- Parenting Programs
- Family Advancement
- Safe Shelter
- Children who witness abuse Counselling
- Child & Youth Mental Health Counselling
- Stopping the violence Women’s Counselling
- Family Literacy