Welcome to Valemount College
International students are always welcome in the diverse, friendly community of Valemount, BC.
We are currently accepting international students whose visa covers the length of their chosen program. For example: International students tourist visas that cover more than four months can apply for the Tourism Administration and the Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management certificate programs. As the Mountain Adventure Tourism program is nine-months long, international students must ensure that their Tourist Visa is longer than nine-months.
International Students Love Valemount College
At Valemount College we offer all our students a unique learning environment, in the heart of the Robson Valley in the North Thompson region of British Columbia, Canada. International students study alongside students from across Canada.
- A bursary of $2,000 per student after qualifying for enrolment in 2019/2020
- Unique, flexible, and interactive programs taught by highly qualified instructors
- Affordable tuition and student housing
- Small class sizes, which means more time spent between instructors and students
- Study in a welcoming, friendly community; enjoy a rural and simple lifestyle
- Amazing outdoor recreational opportunities, from mountain-biking and fishing, to snowmobiling and river rafting
- All programs are certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- Easy, streamlined application and enrolment process
- No Study Permit required if your tourist visa covers the length of the program
|International Students||Cost (before bursary)|
|Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||$5,080|
|Mountain Adventure Tourism||$15,535|
|First Nations Cultural Tourism||$6,280|
We conduct all our programs in English. Below are the English language proficiency qualifications and requirements each student must meet:
- International English Language Testing System: Score: 6.0 overall with no individual band less than 5.5 OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language/Educational Testing Service: Score: 550 (Code 8538) OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language/Educational Testing Service (internet based test): Score: 80 overall with no section less than 19 OR
- Canadian Academic English Language Test: Score: CAEL 60 and Writing 60
The staff at Valemount College can assist you with off-campus student accommodation. There is accommodation available at Juniper Square Suites. These suites have easy access to the amenities in Valemount and the outstanding recreational activities. When you need to study, come home to Juniper Suites.