At Valemount College, we want you to be comfortable here and enjoy your studies. The college and the Village of Valemount have a variety of housing and other services available to students. Feel free to contact us for a comprehensive list.
Contact us to receive the Student Orientation and Procedure Manual, the full Valemount College Program and our Course Calendar.
Valemount College partners with local organizations and agents in the Valemount area to help students find accommodation during their programs of study. For assistance with housing you can contact us directly.
Valemount is an active community with a variety of organizations that welcome Valemount College students as members or volunteers. Should you be looking to get involved with the community and build skills for your resume, then contact them.
- Valemount and Area Recreation Development Association
- Valemount Hockey Association
- Canoe Valley Skating Club
- Yellowhead Outdoor Recreation Association / Friends of Valemount
- Valemount Gymnastics Association
- Girl Guides of Canada / Scouts Canada
- Valemount Community Crime Watch
- Valemount Saddle and Wagon Club
- Robson Valley Search and Rescue
Valemount College also runs several short Edutourism Learning Adventure Programs at various times during the year. Please join us to make new friends and meet your fellow students! For more information, contact the college.
The Valemount & Area Public Library is located at 1090A Main St. The hours of operation are as follows:
- Sunday and Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday – 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
If there are any books you require that are not available from these sources, you may contact the Inter-Library Loan office in Prince George, and have them sent to our campus. For additional reference material, log on to Valemount Libraries Coop. Once there, choose “searching for books” from other libraries all over BC. Study areas are available.
The Valemount Health Centre is at 1445 – 5th Avenue, the hours of operation are:
- Monday to Friday, 8:40 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday – Nurse available on call
To schedule an appointment, please call 250-566-9138. On-call emergency medical staff is available on a 24-hour basis.
Valemount is serviced by 911.
The Valemount Dental Clinic is at 1070 Main St. To schedule an appointment, or to check on hours, please call 250-566-9993.
Robson Valley Community Services
To schedule an appointment, with Robson Valley Community Services, please call 250-566-9107. RVCS is located on the first and second floors of the college building. Various services available include:
- Local Work BC office
- Parenting Programs
- Family Advancement
- Safe Shelter
- Children who witness abuse Counselling
- Child & Youth Mental Health Counselling
- Stopping the violence Women’s Counselling
- Family Literacy